Wednesday, July 18, 2018

TransAlpine Rail Trip

I have just got back after a week in the South Island and while down there we spent a few days over on the West Coast and to get over there we caught the TransAlpine Train.  This trip around 4 hrs and we were lucky it was a relatively fine day, though cold if you went out on the viewing carriage which I did, but hubby did not.

We headed out at 8.15am on the first day.  This was our first big train ride with other just being commuter rides in the Wellington area previously


Going into the mountains it was a fine but cold morning




Once in the mountains you noted the low cloud


The stop at Arthurs Pass was a quick 5 minutes and yes cold 



This was the how close I got out on the way home ..... looking at the sign.... haha.  On the way back a few days later I wouldn't get out of the train as it was only 1 degrees celcius - to cold for this East Coast gal.



The view was clearer too, on the way home




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing, is a part of NZ I hope to see one day.have driven around there but not been on the train.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.