Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lockdown Woes

Wow I have not been here in over a year, but with this lockdown I am getting bored and twiddling my fingers though I really have things to do.  Problem is I have realised even with things to do, I have not got the oomph to do anything.

For me it is really 21 days now, as I had one day of freedom after been in isolation due to overseas travel as the lovely Prime Minister changed her rules on isolation a week after I got home, then after that one day freedom into lockdown.

But I am lucky too, as I as being a nurse I am an essential worker so still am getting paid and hubby is also one so we are still chugging along working as usual and seeing people in our work bubbles.  Best thing about me working is I still get real coffee at the hospital cafe that is open for us workers only ....whooop whooop.

In Gisborne we have had only one positive Covid-19 case so far.  Times like this are when you are happy you live in an isolated part of the country.  Also gives more time to get the hospital prepared.  I now work both the Covid ward and the Medical ward, but happy days so far ....we just waiting and hoping the crisis from overseas does not happen to New Zealand.  With Jacinda's rules I think we are going to be the luckiest Western Country in the world. 

This boy though is mighty happy his mummy and daddy are home more now as no travelling anywhere but to work and essential services.


So with this new era of our lives I may just start posting here again more.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you both for your work, we need you to keep this virus at bay. Good to hear you have one case, Jacinda seemed to get onto this situation very quickly, we in Aus seemed to follow a few days later. No cases on the Bellarine where we live, but we are concerned if city people come here to the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.