Monday, February 15, 2021

A Much Deserved Holiday

 It has been a week since I have been home from my nearly two weeks away from home.  It was bliss.  Hubby was left behind as he had work commitments that included going away himself after initially being able to come, so I hitched a ride with my friend earlier than planned and first port of call was staying with her family in Hamilton.

Now I have been in Hamilton many many times, but have never been to the Hamilton Gardens so one day we went and had a look.


















This is one thing I should have done years ago.  I had driven past it a lot, but I will be back as apparently there is always something being built.  I did not get pictures of the rose gardens unfortunately.  

A couple of days later we done a river cruise on the mighty Waikato River and it was again amazing though it was quite hot and off all places my knees got burnt.



So we were in Hamilton for a few days with a quick trip up to Auckland and then off to the ultimate destination ...... Cooks Beach.

Come back tomorrow for those pictures 😎



2 comments:

  1. How nice to find such a pretty tranquil gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens look amazing, the Waikato River looks like a wonderful place for a cruise.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.