Saturday, April 22, 2023

FNSI Update


Last night I joined in again with FNSI and again I knitted.  I am nearly finished this shawl - less than 12 rows to go.  I would have finished last night but Kristen and I were off to the movies. 

I forgot to say on my last post what the pattern was called.  It is "The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief" and is a free pattern I found on Ravelry.  I am going a bit bigger than the kerchief and doing the shawl. My plan is to finish it this weekend.  




I also made this little bolero a couple of months ago and just had to put a button on it and done this last night. Now off to block it and into the stash ready for the local A&P show Home Industries entries later this year. With the left over yarn I also made a little turban hat to go with it. The patterns were found on Ravelry and called Entrechat By Lisa Chemery and the hat is Karina Baby Turban by Mariannas Lazy Daisy Designs.




Yesterday I also done some baking.  My daughter Kristen comes to stay on her days off regularly and yesterday she complained there was nothing in the tins to snack on, so while she was out at the dentist I cranked up the oven and started baking.  

The best cooking book out is the Edmonds Cookery Book, a New Zealand staple in every kitchen for years.  I have five of them and this edition that is now 30 years old is the best one. You can see I use it a lot obviously.




So yesterday I made some Peanut Brownies, Chocolate Chip Biscuits and a Sultana Cake.  I was going to make some ANZAC biscuits due to it being ANZAC Day on Tuesday, but when I went into the cupboard there was no golden syrup.  I will be making some in the next couple of days definitely when I get some.






Kristen does bring baking with her often, but this time she brought it for a friend who picked up an item for her while they were in Auckland instead and they were some good looking Afghans I missed out on.

Finally, yesterday Kristen and I went to our local dog grooming shop as last weekend when they had their grand opening of the new business, she couldn't make it.  While there, I bought Snowy and the gran pup Rusko a K9Chew and they love it.






 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Michell you sure have been busy ,love the kerchief and fingers crossed you win first prize with that gorgeous knitted set . Oh yummy that baking looks so yummy lucky Kristen. And how cute is your fur baby ,enjyou your weekend my friend 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. She loved the bikkies

      Delete
  2. Your shawl is lovey as well as the set you've finished.
    all those bikkies look delicious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious. Peanut brownies all gone now

      Delete
  3. That little jacket is adorable - you commented on my blog but you have your profile set as noreply so I cant reply back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I have fixed it now. Fingers crossed and seem I am not the only one this has happened to. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  4. Your shawl is coming along nicely and the little jacket and hat so cute. Delicious baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was lovely to knit and the merion wool was so soft

      Delete
  5. Some lovely knitting happening there. Those biscuits look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.