Sunday, April 15, 2012

Finishes and A Couple of Swaps To Join

Well Easter has been and gone, and I got a lovely hollow Easter egg from my hubby which I was good and only ate half off then let him have the rest.  Being Easter I joined up to a swap over at Our Craft Forum with the theme being Easter of course.  I made Colette this lovely wall hanging stitched with Cottage Garden Threads I have recently acquired from Norma over at her shop.

Easter Swap sent to Colette

Then from Guliana I received this lovely bunny.  She is gorgeous and in her little basket are some cute eggs Guliana has sewn up

Easter Swap received from Guliana

There are a few swap sign ups at the moment happening around blogland.
Click on each of the pictures to get to their respective pages.  You never know, you may get me as your partner.

Quilting Mumma is holding a Mug Rug swap and sign ups close on the April 16th 


Lydias Treasures is having a Colour Swap and sign ups close April 21st


And only today the OASS sign ups has opened again for the Winter Swap and close on April 26th




Off swaps now.  Last year in the mail I received from Bev over at Kainga Happenings three lovely machine embroidered pieces.  When I got them a few things went through my head what to do with them.  First was a wall hanging, then cushions, back to wall hangings, then back to cushions.  I had material to do both.

Well finally I decided cushions and last weekend I added the inner borders on them and before doing the outer borders lined them up side by side and instantly thought table runner.


And finally, over the Easter period and the days leading up to it Mother Nature unleashed her fury onto us here in Gisborne again.  There have been some major road washouts in the country side and travel was difficult getting out of the East Coast, especially down to the Hawkes Bay.  I did get some photos but did not want to get out of the car to get to many as it was very very wet.  
The first two photos were taken of the river in the morning.  The rest were taken about 1 hour from high tide in the afternoon


Looking over at the Wharf

Gladstone Road Bridge - Wharf side

1 hour before high tide

Gladstone Bridge North side 1 hour before high tide

Marina Restaurant 1 hr before high tide

1 hr before hightide



1 comment:

  1. All that water! What was it like at high tide?
    Love your table runner! The black and white are very appealing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.