Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A UFO Finish & More

Well some sewing is happening here among the hot weather we have had.  

This Celtic Sunrise paper-pieced block was sent out to my partner earlier this month.  It would be the hardest block I have had to do to date, but I persevered with it.


I have also been stitching up a storm with the hexagon flowers and these are all in the mail or ready to go into the mail.



Here in Gisborne we have had some lovely weather in the last couple of weeks and someone has finally done the rain dance as it has been showering on and off today.  Below is a picture I took on my walk earlier this week of where the two rivers meet in Gisborne


And finally to my UFO finish. These blocks were ones I had made for swaps but not good enough to post off, so they went in a UFO box to be made into a tablerunner.  Well a couple of years later it is made. This project is also part of Sew It's Finished and 1 Xmas Item a Month which you can go and view by clicking on the links on the side bar


While at it, I thought to practice some free-motion quilting and I think I have done a pretty good job too. 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job on the Celtic Sunrise block, it really caught my eye! I'd love a good downpour here but unlikely for many months here in Adelaide! We did have a thunderstorm go through last week but it was pretty isolated and a few areas got too much and the rest of us got nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Celtic Sunrise block https://www.flickr.com/photos/114037281@N02/15112969962/in/datetaken/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, published too soon. I never thought of using a solid like you have done with the white. Wonder what a bunch of these together would look like?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.