Sunday, October 21, 2018

I Went On Holiday to Noumea

A couple of weeks ago I went on holiday.  Now my plan wa to go back to the Bathurst 1000, but the other half didn't so I compromised and went to New Caledonia and stayed at the Chateau Royal.




Noumea is a bit different than the other island we have been to previously and I must say Fiji is still my number one island destination but the ocean was gorgeous here.

We spent the day in the main town center and had a look at all the touristy things and went to the museums.  My French is near non-exsistant so it was hard to know what you were reading but you soon got the gist of it all. 






Loved the Choo-Choo Train and had an excellent guide telling us all about Noumea







The cocktails though very nice were for us Kiwis with the exchange rate very expensive so didn't drink many.






We spent the day on Amdee Island and it was gorgeous.  Swimming was put off when I saw the snakes so i just sat in the loungers and read while watching those snakes come out of the water on to land and slither past me .....eekk!







A nice week away, but Noumea was not a holiday destination I will be rushing back to anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful holiday...not sure about the snakes though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you wrote about your weeks stay. We called into Noumea for a day when in a cruise and I was entralled by it and thinkung I wanted to go back for linger, but reading this I am happy with my day. Its a beautiful island for sure and seeped in history but snakes, no not for me. Swaled the dealed! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place to visit but snakes! no thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.