Monday, October 23, 2017

Some Winnings

I entered 19 items in the local A&P show this year, the most I have ever done and came out with seven placings.... four 1sts, two 2nds and a 3rd.



 I got 1st placings with my Tomato Relish which is from the handy Edmonds Cookbook and this year entered some Pesto too and I found this recipe online.



I also entered my Christmas stitchery that I had just finished which is C\called 'Jolly Santa' by Natalie Bird at The Birdhouse.  I picked this kit up at JJ Crafts when visiting there a couple of years ago.




I also made this table topper and again got a first.  The free tutorial I found was from Sister Of The Divide and called the Candy Corn Table Topper.  I was simple to make and I learnt how to do mitered corners on a hexagon finally.




I entered this oven mitt last year and got nowhere so was able to enter it again this year and it got 2nd ....yay!




This cross stitch that I got 2nd for was one I had done a while ago and reframed recently.  There were some lovely pieces on display this year.




I also made a stitchery that had been sitting in a box for a while into a cushion and this came 3rd




There were others I had entered and came nowhere this year and if I don't use them I may enter them again next year.

One was this beanie



And a bag made from French General fabric using a pattern I found on Pinterest and the pattern can be found here




For the first time I entered some baking but alas did not get anywhere this time but will keep on trying.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats..... Always great to enter things......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, congratulations on your wins. You have made beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wins :) beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Congratulations!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you have done so well with your beautiful work Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.